The popularity of smartphones and tablets increases day by day. In fact, most of the people prefer to use their smartphones and tablets in order to browse the Internet.
As a result, the website owners need to optimize their sites accordingly to deliver the best user experience. That’s where the responsive web design comes into play.What exactly is responsive web design? It can simply be defined as the process of coding and laying out a website so that it offers the optimal viewing experience through different screen sizes.
Responsive design has the ability to make sure that screen layouts, audio/video players, text, images and other UI elements of a website adjust automatically in order to fit the screen size.Plenty of reasons are available for the modern world website owners to get a responsive design for their websites. They include:
1. Flexibility – Responsive websites are extremely fluid. In other words, content would move across different screen resolutions freely. It would look like a liquid that spreads out and draws on its own to retain the proper appearance.
2. Excellent user experience –It is extremely important to deliver an excellent user experience in order to beat your competition and build a solid customer base.
The responsive web design can be considered as one of the most convenient solutions available out there for the modern world website owners to achieve it.
People who browse your website will be able to use their desktop computers, smartphones, smart TVs, tablets or any other device to go through the content without any hassle.
3. Google recommends it – All the website owners are extremely concerned about search engine optimization as well. In fact, they are trying different methods in order to bring the website up in search engine results.
Recently Google made some changes in their search engine algorithm, where they decided to give priority towards responsive websites in mobile searches.
If your website has a responsive web design, you will get the opportunity to enhance its visibility to people who use Google through their mobile devices.
4. Cost effective – There are some business owners who tend to have two different websites so that they can cater both desktop and mobile browsers. However, this can be considered as an unnecessary cost.
Obviously, one website would cost less when compared to two. You can simply make some changes in your existing website in order to deliver a responsive design. The amount you spend on it will be an excellent investment done towards the future.
5. Easy to manage – If you have two different websites, you will need to go through the hassle of managing them as well. For instance, you will need to update the content in both your sites and you would lose your precious time. Getting a responsive website has the potential to keep you away from that hassle.
As you can see, delivering a responsive design to your website is associated with an array of benefits and you can go for it with the help of website design without a doubt in mind.