People ask all the time what digital marketing is all about. Digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media.
It’s also a term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the internet, but also including mobile phones (SMS), display adverts or any other digital medium.
Digital marketing campaigns are becoming more prevalent as digital platforms are increasingly incorporated into marketing plans as people use digital devices instead of going to physical shops.
Digital marketers monitor things like the frequency and duration of advertisement, sales conversion, how to promote good marketing service, what content works and doesn’t work.
There are various channels associated with digital marketing; the most closely associated channel is the internet while others include mobile instant messaging, wireless text messaging, short message service, mobile apps, podcasts, electronic billboards, radio channel and digital television.
Thus, SMS marketing can also be very much linked with digital marketing depending on how we use it.
Now, what is SMS (short message service)? SMS is a text messaging service component of a phone, web or mobile communication system. It uses standardized communication protocols to allow fixed line or mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages.
Using SMS as a form of marketing implies communicating a special offer or company information with a large group of people in a quick and easy. SMS marketing has exposed people to the beauty of the internet as they could perform different kind of actions, as well as get engaged with various products and services.
Why You Need Digital Marketing
There are several reasons for you to embrace digital marketing as it can bring a huge amount of benefits to your business. Here are some reasons;
1. It gives your business direction: One thing that a digital marketing strategy can give your business is direction. After implementing your campaign and ideas, you can see the direct outcomes and result via analytic. This allows you to see what exactly went wrong or right and the improvements made.
2. It teaches you about your audience: Many digital marketing allows you to see who exactly is viewing your digital marketing campaigns and gives more information about how they interact with your online content. It also enables you to build a better and effective customer relationship.
3. It’s affordable: Having a successful digital strategy isn’t as expensive as you think. Unless you want to hire an expert, most are within your means. The SMS marketing in particular goes for a lesser fee.
4. A necessity to join the digital age: As we can see, almost everyone is getting online now and it’s a known fact that advertising your business gets you more exposure to the universe than the traditional advertising media like flyers or posters.
5. It’ll make you more money: The more people get exposed to your online marketing, the more your online conversions which hopefully translates to more money.